At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a permanent full-time technical communications professional to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team. You will work the Lyft Bikes & Scooters markets to support operational excellence in the maintenance & operations of rideables & system equipment across our systems.
You will produce high-quality documentation for procedures, processes & product materials to help contribute effectively to the design & deployment of high-tech bike share & scooter share systems. You will be a contributing member of our technical communications team who collaborates daily with operational teams, product teams, developers, engineers, managers & other adjunct teams.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Develop & maintain support content for a variety of bikes & scooters operational documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOP), user guides, training & reference material
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts & research material for various operational projects
- Document management, editing, & proofreading
- Contribute to information architecture design
- Contribute to the maintenance of the operational knowledge base
- 4+ years of experience in technical communications
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field, or a combination of training & equivalent work experience in a technology industry (Technical Writing, Communications, Engineering, Computer Science, or other fields).
- Excellent bilingual written & verbal communication skills in both French & English; additional languages an asset
- Comfortable with publishing content using DITA-XML framework (or other structured authoring principles), & using associated XML authoring tools (Oxygen XML, DITA CCMS, etc)
- Proficient with Adobe CS Suite, MS Office, Google Office Suite, and/or other documentation tools
- Excellent analytical & conceptualization skills
- Knowledge of relevant norms & standards
- Capable of working concurrently on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to convey complex technical issues to a wide-array of audiences
- Good understanding of user experience principles
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.