10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal & address the true complexities of biology & disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry & bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution & scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision & determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies & transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices & labs. Theres a dynamic energy here, & were looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Field Applications Scientist - Region: New York Metro area
The Field Applications Scientist is responsible for performing system usage trainings at customer sites, while providing experimental design, data analysis, logistical, & troubleshooting support for their region. The Field Applications Scientist will be a key contact in conjunction with in house Technical Support for responding to issues & maintaining relationships with customers. The primary goals of this position are to ensure rapid adoption & maximum customer success with 10x Genomics products.
- Perform as the technical account manager, acting as the point of contact between the customer & company.
- Keep customers apprised & trained on advancements in 10x technology & software.
- Coordinate & perform customer site trainings & demonstrations
- Identify, document & communicate customer complaints & concerns to management.
- Contribute to white papers & documentation with the goal of expanding support content.
- Scientifically partner with customers as they develop their research utilizing 10x technology.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers to cultivate long term relationships
- Create & maintain positive working relationships with customers. Key, is the ability to manage expectations while exceeding the customers needs.
- Gather & deliver strategic & competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing & Product Development teams.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software & instruments.
- Interpret customer needs & identify the proper issue escalation pathway within 10x.
- Support field sales team at trade shows, seminars & technical symposia. This will include presentations & networking with thought leaders.
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations.
Desired Skills & Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
- 5 years lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows & data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry & associated analysis software.
- 2 years customer facing experience preferred.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of genomics, biochemistry. Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, & systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. Outstanding presentation & training skills.
- Familiarity with SFDC software. Ability to maintain records for customer sites & provide high level feedback to management.
- Clear vision of & commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%. Ability to manage a large territory.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.