Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
The Role Youll Play
Here at CB Insights, our backend software engineers build robust services & scalable data processing jobs. This Backend role is on our internal operations team that builds software & tools to drive our business.
What CB Insights is All About
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of data in real time on the private market, & then extracts knowledge & insights from that data. We present those analytics through a dynamic user interface which enables our clients to make strategic business decisions around corporate strategy, innovation, investments, etc.
Your Main Tasks
- Develop features for our internal stakeholders on a small Agile team.
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested within the agreed upon time frame.
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements
What You Bring to the Table
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- An interest in helping out across the stack as needed
Youll Be Successful Here if You Are
- A believer in Lean & Agile values & principles for building software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!