Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Marketing Producer, you will own Atlantas marketing plan from end to end. You'll create a plan that allows us to grow the business efficiently by capturing & creating value through high-impact, high-volume events & be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies & organizations in Atlanta's tech, design, startup & enterprise ecosystem.
You will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience & maintaining a highly engaged community that adds value to GA students, campus & business. You will also be responsible for planning & executing regular workshop programming, including hiring & management of instructors & managing against a P&L.
You'll also depend on many other departments & people in the organization to accomplish your goals (the Student Experience team, the Global Marketing team, the Admissions team, & more) & should be adept at managing through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers accountable, & work collaboratively to shape timelines & marshall the right resources from groups beyond your own.
- Identify & market new & existing compelling topics by creating enticing events. Contribute your creativity & expertise to drive GA's holistic marketing plan forwards, taking ideas for new events & workshops from concept stage through to launch.
- Planning + Forecasting: Develop a quarterly events & workshops schedule that optimizes market demand & fills our event space and/or classrooms. Carefully select a mixture of content for your market & forecast the impact against quarterly business goals. Identify the proper speakers, partners & instructors to ensure quality programming that fills the room.
- Execution & Scheduling: You manage all aspects of program execution & arent afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure speakers & instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to writing copy & coordinating with our admissions team on strategic alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. You will be the face of GA & responsible for high-energy introductions & kickoffs for programs.
- Partnership Outreach & Management: You will cultivate new partnerships & maintain relationships with current partners in order to co-develop event content & co-market events on campus.
- Instructor Recruiting & Management: Finding talented instructors & experts is the key to developing a great class or workshop. You will source & evaluate the right people for the job & interface with them while they teach with GA.
- Managing the Student Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the students have a great in-class experience. Through student feedback & impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success & feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of & report on all metrics surrounding your event & workshops plan, identify opportunities & optimizations & address pacing issues as necessary.
- You have 3-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - & a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerilla tactics, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, & content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, & self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals & priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity & last-minute changes, & remain calm under pressure.
- You are data-driven & comfortable with using & interpreting data to make decisions, present new ideas, & set strategies.
- You possess a growth mindset attitude towards learning & teaching as a craft.
- You are highly organized: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once & work with all necessary parties externally & internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem-solve, & execute in a timely fashion.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work collaboratively on a team demonstrating interpersonal savvy.
- You have a passion for education & for changing lives.
- You bring a contagious positivity & enthusiasm to the teams you join!