Who We Are
Summer's mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time & money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise & innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, & engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We're registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A & are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, & QED Investors-and our first partner is Yale University.
At Summer, your mission will be to deliver new features & product advancements that improve student loan borrower outcomes. You will work closely with the Chief Product Officer along with the Design, Engineer, & Analytics team to develop Summer's recommendation engine that ensures student loan borrowers are placed in the optimal repayment plan.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborate cross-team to take new product features from ideation through launch & iteration
- Manage timelines using agile methodologies
- Coordinate closely with engineers & designers to ship high-quality, user-centric experiences
- Maintain a clean, focused, & articulate backlog with precise value propositions & priorities
- Provide company-wide transparency for our product strategy & roadmap
- Manage product launches, & define & track KPIs to measure success & identify ongoing improvements
- Generate insights from the data while also managing qualitative feedback from borrowers
We are seeking a Product Manager with 3-5 years of experience in tech product management, preferably including time at an early-stage startup. We will be evaluating your track record of leading product builds from ideation through the full product lifecycle. An eye for UX/UI design as well as an understanding of technical concepts are also important given your leadership role internally-mobile app experience is a plus as well. Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, & fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, & flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!