Were growing our Social Media team & are on the lookout for a creative, driven, & passionate Social Media Associate, Content Creation to join our team based in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote & expected to be back in August 2021!). Reporting to our Social Media & Editorial Manager, our Social Media Associate, Content Creation will create organic visual social media content for all of Brooklinens social channels, including Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, & TikTok.
Youll help to grow our existing social channels by generating ideas, creating assets, & analyzing metrics to identify successes & opportunities. Best of all? Youll be given creative freedom, as part of a small team, to ideate & execute on ideas that excite you.
Youre the perfect person for this role if you live & breathe content creation & are quick to identify a new social trend. If youve got an eye for successful brand strategies, are naturally aware of opportunities in the social media space, & are filled with ideas for Brooklinens social strategy, then we cant wait to meet you.
What youll do
- Follow emerging social media trends & platforms & make recommendations for content creation
- Create visual social media content for different social channels, including Instagram account (main grid, stories, & reels), Pinterest, & TikTok
- Ideate social content on a day-to-day basis & assist with social storytelling for product launches & promotions, while reflecting Brooklinens brand & mission
- Assist with community management: help keep communication flowing through Instagram DMs, likes & comments, & work to mitigate any related issues
- Track social analytics & organic growth & report on key insights from testing different pieces of content
- Perform administrative tasks related to daily social media management, including but not limited to: managing, planning, & automating posts to Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter & YouTube
What were looking for
- 1+ years of relevant experience in social media (relevant internships count!)
- Passion for & interest in home category & interior design trends
- Direct experience working with Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter
- Ability to craft engaging stories & lifestyle content centered on Brooklinen product & marketing goals
- Ability to write copy for a variety of marketing platforms in a playful Gen-Z brand voice
- Experience with digital design platforms (or openness to learning them)
- Comfort & interest with appearing on camera on Instagram or YouTube content
- A curious self-starter who is bursting with content ideas
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Experience in customer communication is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how weve done so far & where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.