Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
SchoolMint is the leading K-12 solution provider for strategic enrollment management, student behavior improvement, & school safety. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management & student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing & established EdTech company rooted strongly in our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace & Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach & embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products & top-notch customer service
The SchoolMint Engineering team is looking for a talented Mid-Level Software Engineer to work with both the frontend & backend directly. The Mid-Level Software Engineer leads efforts, provides training & serves as a technical resource for other Developers. You are responsible for development, & maintenance of our public-facing products used by thousands of schools across the US. You will be documenting detailed system specifications, participation in maintenance of features for our production applications.
- Back-end: PHP, Laravel framework, MySQL
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS
- Collaboration: GitHub & Bitbucket
What You Will Do:
- Write high-quality code & participate in design & code reviews to maintain development standards.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to translate high-level roadmap vision into feasible feature specifications & deliverables
- Generate & maintain software documentation
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices & client requirements for software
- Troubleshoot, debug & upgrade existing software
- Professionally maintain all software & create updates regularly to address customer & project concerns
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes & interactions
- 3-5 years of Full Stack Development experience developing software applications & working on large-scale software projects
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced in Agile product development processes
- Advanced knowledge of web application development, object-oriented programming, & relational database systems, & version control tools
- Expert knowledge of server-side technologies, such as: PHP, Laravel framework, MySQL
- Ability to adapt & learn quickly in a constantly-evolving environment.
Some Awesome Perks:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, & Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- Conferences & Meet-ups
- Professional Development