As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Research conducts applied & fundamental research, & was created to lead the company in pushing the boundaries of payment related technologies on a global scale. We engage with the company's numerous technology & product teams, world-wide business partners, academics, & governments, to explore & develop technologies that will shape the future of the payments industry & impact the lives of billions of people.
We are currently focused on building world-class research teams in three key areas: Security, Data Analytics, & Future of Payment. Working on data analytics at Visa is a unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation, & with AI as the critical differentiator for a growing number of emerging payment models & usage scenarios. We offer you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry & set the direction for Visa & the future payment ecosystem. This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as the world-leading digital payments company. The successful candidate must have an outstanding track record in academics & is business savvy with participation in developing innovations. The candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, & excellent collaboration skills.
- Performs statistical, cost & financial analysis of various Visa Research prototypes.
- Author pipelines for data extraction & build key datasets to obtain operational efficiency.
- Monitor Key product metrics, understand root cause for change & identify levers to move it.
- Partner with Data/Research Scientists, Product & Engineering & apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to create, scale & automate reporting.
- Influence clients & product teams through presentation of work.
- Develop deep understanding of payments ecosystem.
- Perform AB testing experimentation to foster product innovation.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or no work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field.
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 1+ years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field.
- Experience doing quantitative analysis.
- Experience in product focused role in technology or consulting company.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics:
- Big data query language (such as SQL or Hive).
- Experience with analytics & visualization tools (SPSS, Tableau, Power BI).
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets.
- Strong statistical knowledge (such as a/b testing, significance testing etc).
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python is a plus.
- Deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Business Savvy & highly curious.
- Strong strategic aptitude; ability to define & measure impact of a prototype running retro analysis on large data sets.
- Knowledge of general ML techniques is a plus.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear & effective manner to a senior audience.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.