Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The SEO Manager will be working multi-functionally with Conversion, Acquisition, & Content functions to develop a robust SEO strategy to ensure that our site & blog continue to produce high-quality content & strong rankings, with the ultimate goal of positioning The Farmers Dog as an authoritative, reliable source for information about dogs & dog care. The SEO Manager will also be responsible for presenting upcoming trends & SERP changes to all cross-functional partners to ensure a scalable & outstanding SEO strategy, build & manage impactful reporting & insights, & produce innovative & ambitious strategies to helpfully position The Farmers Dog.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work with Product & Content functions to develop & execute our SEO strategy, including growing traffic to our blog & increasing #1 rankings for related terms, as well as increasing new customer acquisitions.
- Work closely with the Director of Content on content, keyword, & link-building strategy for SEO.
- Own reporting on organic search performance & changes in rankings.
- Partner with the Product Manager, Conversion & Acquisition Manager, Search on leading on-page & technical optimizations to drive traffic & acquire customers through organic search.
- Communicate upcoming trends & changes to the SERP & organic algorithms to ensure our SEO strategy remains up to date.
We're Excited About You Because
- 3-5 years of direct experience on creating & executing SEO strategy
- Expertise in technical SEO
- Well versed in on-page optimization
- Proficiency in using SEO tools such as SEMRush/Moz/Screaming Frog
- Comfortable with using Google Search Console, Google Analytics & Excel
- Foundational knowledge of paid search
- Experience A/B testing (experience with Segment or Optimizely is ideal)
- E-commerce/Subscription based experience is preferred
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug