Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform & provides powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on developing, deploying, & maintaining machine learning models to help support & enhance the capabilities of various teams across Vimeo. Whether it's targeting users for marketing, improving quality-of-experience in playback, or enabling visual classification of all videos at Vimeo, the Machine Learning Research team has a wide selection of projects in its future. By applying open source solutions, or experimenting with creating our own, we're focused on deploying the latest & greatest in ML across the stack.
What youll do:
- Contribute to building, iterating, evaluating, & shipping machine learning models
- Develop monitoring & tooling for machine learning systems
- Help build pipelines & APIs for offline & online inference
- Gain experience using docker, Kubernetes, & Google Cloud technologies for MLOps & model lifecycle management
- Work with other teams to understand real problems & develop strategies to improve or entirely solve problems with machine learning
- Write clean, portable, & well-documented code
What were seeking:
- You are currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S./Ph.D in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field, with an expected graduation date of 2021 or 2022
- You have experience working with any of these languages: Python, Go, Java, C++
- You are familiar with machine learning libraries or frameworks such as sklearn, keras, tensorflow, pytorch, spark-ml, R
- You have experience in ML engineering, through previous internships, coursework or open-source projects
- You are passionate about designing software systems & shipping high-quality code
- You are familiar with DevOps cloud tools (AWS/EC2, or Google Cloud) or MLOps tools (Kubeflow)
This is a paid internship.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity & diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture & products reflect those values, were committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental & physical ability, veteran status, national origin, & ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, & open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.