Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Solutions Engineering team is an important part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win & product fit for customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. This is done by owning the technical pre-sales relationship, proposing technical architectures, demonstrating the product, anticipating concerns, & offering creative solutions. This role also involves working with our product teams as well, to be the voice of the customer & help to shape & direct our product roadmaps.
The Solutions Engineer is both technical & a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Only when safe to do so, you would be traveling at least 25% per month for this role visiting customers onsite.
Twilio is looking for a professional who, regardless of their previous roles, has a desire to work in technical pre-sales & lives the Twilio Magic.
As a pre-sales Solutions Engineer, you are not expected to be writing production code but being able to develop proof of concepts & understand questions from a developer audience is a requirement of the role. As such it is important that you have a good understanding of programming principles in order to enjoy & flourish in this role. Here are the key characteristics we are looking for in our candidates
- 5+ years pre-sales experience selling technical products or as a software developer working directly with customers.
- Able to build a deep understanding of a customers needs & guide them to a technical solution
- A creative problem solver with know how to get things done & collaborates with others to drive success
- An engaging communicator & presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Experience in one of the following areas, multiple areas of experience would be advantageous:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) & cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecommunications, SIP, or Contact Center is a plus.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build & present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do. Assist customers with Pilot & Proof-of-Concept implementations
- DON'T SETTLE: Continuously learn new products & new technologies. Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Form a deep understanding of customer businesses & their problems. Work on RFPs / customers technical requirements with the Sales team
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize & plan for deal success. Educate & mentor customers, partners, & colleagues on whats possible with Twilio
- BE BOLD: Present creative new solutions that enable & inspire innovation. Build demos & proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies. Distill & communicate customer needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales
Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
In EMEA, we have built a strong business & the region operates with the tenacity & focus of a startup within Twilio. Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilios sales organization & are critical to our companys success in empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
This position will be based in London. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.