You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators & doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, & genomics.
If youre excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact & joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics & viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations & life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care & public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
Helix + Transparency
At Helix, we value transparency. You will find the expected compensation, interview process, what to anticipate during onboarding, & your first 90 days listed in the job description for all Helix roles.
a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, & payers to advance genomic research & accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research & help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, & lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, & Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the worlds largest & fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nations largest COVID diagnostic labs & has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 & other viral strains.
What is special about this role?
As Associate Manager within our Life Science & Growth business, youll play a critical role supporting multiple commercial functions while simultaneously gaining experience across different commercial disciplines. Youll be supporting the analysis of new product opportunities & markets, helping to drive strategic marketing plans & product launches, assisting with creating external partnerships & play a critical role on business development deals & partnerships teams. Your scientific curiosity will lead you to understanding both the scientific innovation Helix drives as well as how our scientific advancements can solve critical issues for our customers. Your high degree of learning agility will serve you well in working on a wide scope of human genomic uses cases across multiple therapeutic areas as genomics applications & use cases are rapidly accelerating & driving new personalized medicines across cardiovascular, metabolics, neurology & immunology, & viral genomics is leading to new vaccine & infectious disease breakthroughs.
As an Associate Manager, Life Sciences you will:
The ideal candidate will display high levels of learning agility, be highly proactive, organized & skilled at working collaboratively with strong attention to detail. Strong strategic thinking & analytical skills are critical as well as utilize excellent verbal & listening skills, analytical modeling, presentation skills, teaming, facilitation & relationship-building to move strategic analysis & external partnerships forward. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable delivering against metrics, have a deep passion for transforming healthcare through the use of genomics & personalized medicine, & love creating win-win deals, this is the role for you. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support assessment of new products, services & opportunity areas
- Identify & aid in establishing external partnerships that support or enable new products or services, particularly as related to analytical capabilities such as data platforms, tokenization, RWE opportunities, etc.
- Conduct analysis on external market to identify key customer attributes & pain points which in turn drive decisions on where to focus our commercial efforts
- Lead project managing the launch of new products with Marketing, & project manage deals when supporting Business Development create proposals, drive contracting & win business.
- Support negotiations of external partnerships & business development activities
- Aid in commercial operations including reporting, generating performance dashboards, pipeline tracking, & other tools for lead management, etc.
- Work closely across Helix colleagues to ensure successful onboarding & market launch
- Mission-oriented, with a deep passion for improving peoples lives through DNA
- 3-4 years of experience in the life science industry supporting any of the following: clinical development, clinical trial innovation, product launches, marketing or analysis of RWE/analytical products.
- Strong business sense & service-delivery mindset
- Personal confidence, proactive approach to work & enthusiasm
- Ability to change priorities quickly & willingness to do what it takes to get the job done; thrives in a high-growth environment
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual & as part of a close-knit team
- Strong oral & written English communication capabilities, presentation & facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal & influencing capabilities
- Good understanding of financial & analytical modeling
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities, combined with the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- BS in a life science major required
Expected Interview Process:
1) Recruiter Screen 2) Manager Screen/Tech Screen 3) Onsite 4) Offer
Expected Pay For This Role:
There are 3 distinct parts to your Helix offer: 1) Base Salary 2) Annual Bonus 3) Equity
Expected Helix Base: $73,000 to $130,500
Expected Helix Discretionary Annual Bonus: 10% of your annual salary
Equity: We offer generous equity at Helix. If you receive a Helix offer your recruiter will book dedicated time with you to educate you on our equity model.
The salary range above is our reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role across US locations. Actual starting pay will be based on non-discriminatory job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training & education, & skill level. Your recruiter can share more about your specific work location salary range during the hiring process.
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, & thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with Date of Hire eligibility
- Above average employer paid premium coverage
- 12 weeks Helix Paid Parental Leave option
- 401(k) with employer matching of up to 4% & 100% Vesting on the Date of Hire
- Comprehensive Well-Being Benefits
- 18 well-being programs covering financial, legal & wellness solutions
- Flexible PTO
- Remote options for many roles & a home office stipend