WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar, a high-growth, data-driven e-Commerce & Omni-Channel startup focused on disrupting the Fast Fashion Jewelry Business, is located in the Flatiron District in NYC & was founded by Amy Jain & Daniella Yacobovsky in 2011. Our company's culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - our teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurially-minded self-starters with a demonstrated passion for beautiful photography. The BaubleBar team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems, possess the desire to dive in & learn in a fast-paced environment, & are considerate of one another. Interested candidates should work well in a flat organization, & excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines. Y
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
BaubleBar is seeking a full-time, in-house Jr Photo Retoucher. This role will work alongside our Retoucher to refine the photography in line with brand requirements, as well as prepare all image files for migration to the live ecommerce environment. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a brand consistency of imagery & color, as well as file renaming & cropping according to product references. This individual will also require a keen eye for detail & quality control.
The Jr Retoucher will report to the Retoucher and...
- Accurately identify files on internal network & follow detailed process
- Adjustment layers/masks, Clipping paths & creating actions/ shortcuts
- Retouch both product, still life & on-figure model photography
- Rename photos & products according to provided brand guidelines
- Launch automations (scripts, cropping, white background)
- Raw file conversion.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- At least 1 year of experience in retouching in a high volume, deadline-driven production environment, fashion & product ecommerce industry experience preferred
- Strong Photoshop CC skills.
- Technical knowledge of color profiles, color conversions
- Ability to work very quickly without sacrificing overall image quality
- Knowledge of Capture One & Lightroom is a huge plus
- Knowledge of photography, color, & all vocabulary related to this field
- Adaptability to new tools & process
- Strong organizational skills are a must
*** All applicants must email an online portfolio or PDF with before/after retouching samples.