IT Support Manager
30-35k depending on experience
Scale Space is a 200,000 ft2 facility that is home to leading scale ups & innovative businesses across the technology, digital & life-sciences sectors. Scale Space brings together Blenheim Chalcot (the UKs leading digital venture builder) & Imperial College (a global top 10 university) to help these companies develop by connecting them with the right people, services, space & resources.
Our vision for Scale Space is to create a facility which will foster collaboration & innovation between tenants, including facilitating access to Imperial College Londons research & talent, & to Blenheim Chalcots venture building expertise. Some companies lease, fit-out & occupy their own tenancies (6,000ft2+). There are also managed office options available to smaller companies taking space in the building. The overall IT infrastructure of the building, from meeting rooms to tenant spaces, is inherently crucial to our member journey & customer satisfaction.
As such, we are looking for a knowledgeable, passionate, ambitious & focused individual to take responsibility for leading the delivery of an outstanding member experience from an IT perspective. We want Scale Space to be a market-leading force within the digital & technology business-building sphere, & we want to provide our members with an ideal ecosystem, which inherently ticks all the IT performance boxes.
We are looking for a new joiner within our Operations team to support with IT in our main office building in White City. We are searching for someone who is pragmatic, efficient, analytical, with strong customer-facing & service skills. The candidate should have evidencable working knowledge across key IT areas: including implementation, day-to-day operations & delivery of IT projects.
Whilst working closely with the General Manager, Operations team & IT suppliers, the role will focus on the below areas:
Supporting our members in their day-to-day operations (60%)
- Carry out Daily maintenance checks to ensure correct functioning of AV & related IT service equipment
- Handling diagnosis reviews & escalation process with SLA providers
- Solving member IT issues submitted through our HubSpot ticketing workflow, email, face-to-face interactions, often regarding the following:
- Ensure correct ticketing flow & weekly reporting output
IT Infrastructure maintenance (20%)
- Manage service provider relationships & schedule maintenance checks
- Monitor performance of the network to proactively resolve issues
- Monitor new users to the network & move to their own dedicated bandwidth where appropriate
- Produce training support documents to help the FoH team deal with IT issues
- Provide training to the Operations team on AV & IT systems
Event support (20%)
- Create & update AV meeting room capabilities document for the range of meeting rooms & event spaces
- Ascertain AV requirements prior to events & carry out testing & training with customers
- Provide AV/IT support at member events
Developing our IT capabilities (ad-hoc)
- Develop how-to IT series for members, with guides on troubleshooting & revised training documents/videos
- Support with new projects, suggest improvements, upgrades or changes to software & hardware solutions in place, when required.
- Support in developing a clear articulation of our IT proposition to members & potential external clients.
The role will be based in Scale Space, White City. We also have a building in Nottingham, which may, in the future, require some additional support from the successful candidate.
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills, both written & spoken
- Data & process driven
- Strong desire to learn & develop within the business
- Self-starter attitude
- Inquisitive with a forward-thinking mindset
- Demonstrable hands-on IT project delivery experience
- Commercial awareness
- Mature & professional stakeholder management is key
- Interpersonal skill
- Competitive salary TBC, bonus & benefits
- Working alongside a dynamic & friendly team
- Opportunity for career growth & progression