About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the WeWork Global Technology team, Youll be an integral to solving technical & product problems with other engineers & other disciplines. You will be expected to:
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives
- Design stable & performant APIs
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure & architecture
- Model engineering excellence & collaborative processes
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- 7+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge with Ruby, Python, Java or other similar OOO languages
- Extensive experience working with frameworks such as React.js or Angular
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Interest in mentoring more junior members of the team
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams & work cross functionally (alongside product, design & QA)
Nice to have:
- Strong interest in modeling complex problems & distributed systems
- Strong interest in scalable, future-proof architecture
WeWork is building a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale globably, & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.