Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking an experienced & motivated individual to join its EMEA Public Policy team. In this important role, you will work closely with other members of Twilios Global Public Policy & Legal teams, as well as its business units, to represent & advance Twilios interests with policymakers & communications regulators in the United Kingdom, Ireland, & other regions as required, & with EU institutions. You will report to the EMEA Public Policy team leader.
Twilio is looking for an experienced public policy professional who lives the Twilio Magic to represent & advance its interests in the EMEA region.
- You will have at least 6-8 years of experience advising & representing telecommunications & technology companies on policy & regulatory issues in the region. Significant experience in the UK is required. Experience in one or more of the other countries & with EU institutions in Brussels is preferred.
- You are able to travel internationally as needed, primarily within the region.
- You will have a thorough understanding of policymaking processes in the region & experience in devising & executing advocacy strategies at the country level.
- You will have a significant understanding of telecommunications regulatory & policy concepts, including such topics as interconnection, access to numbering resources, & telecommunications regulatory classifications, as well as an understanding of how topics such as privacy, cybersecurity, data flows, & AI apply to the enterprise software & telecom ecosystems.
- You will have a law degree or an equivalent advanced degree in a related field or equivalent experience as highlighted.
- You will have full professional proficiency in English. Proficiency in French or German a plus.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills; a demonstrated ability to think strategically & creatively; a preference to work as a team player; & an ability to manage a large number of projects, working independently, with colleagues distributed globally.
As Senior Manager, EMEA Public Policy, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Play a central role in devising & executing action plans to ensure that Twilios interests are taken into account in important telecommunications regulatory & technology proceedings in key countries.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Coordinate closely with the Global Public Policy Team & Twilio business units to develop a thorough understanding of current & future company business objectives. Work closely with Twilios regulatory compliance team to understand current compliance requirements & regulatory trends in key countries in the region, & assist Policy team members in other regions from time-to-time as needed.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Monitor & anticipate new telecommunications regulatory requirements & technology policy developments in key countries & keep key Twilio stakeholders, especially Super Network, informed about such developments & trends.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute to & coordinate the development & submission of company filings in telecommunications & technology policy proceedings as appropriate.
- BE BOLD: Cultivate relationships with & advance Twilios policy priorities directly with key senior-level officials in country telecommunications regulatory authorities & other relevant ministries. Build coalitions with key policy stakeholders in the region, including companies, trade associations, & civil society groups.
- DRAW THE OWL: Undertake initiatives to raise Twilios profile within specific countries & the region & communicate how Twilio is serving as an engine of economic innovation through panel presentations, event sponsorship, conference attendance, & similar endeavors.
The Global Public Policy team serves as the strategic headlights for the company: anticipating & understanding regulatory & policy developments & working to ensure that Twilios business interests are accommodated within that evolving landscape. We work closely with all company business units & senior leadership, & serve as the companys principal advocates to policymakers & regulators around the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communications in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in London. You will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, regular All Hands meetings & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.