Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are an experienced accountant with 3-4 years in general accounting processes & procedures, including bookkeeping, in-depth reconciliations, & conducting analysis of compiled data. You are savvy when it comes to hunting down all the information required to complete reports, & willing to adapt & change as the business scales. You are a self-starter who is motivated by the challenge of taking your knowledge & using it to improve upon current reporting & create & execute robust & detailed reports for a rapidly growing line of business. You are skilled in adapting to change & consistently seeking ways to add value to the organization. You are naturally analytical & curious by nature, & fastidious in researching data to help others make informed decisions.
What Youll Do Here
- Provide real-time support to management to include project accounting, reconciliations, monthly reporting & ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Assist in creating & maintaining processes for storage of information, including transaction receipts, bank documents, & project tracking information.
- Work with management to report out on key performance indicators for the business
- Work with other functions to streamline & strengthen process
- Ability & willingness to maintain confidentiality
- 3-4 years of experience in project, staff, or junior level accounting.
- Mid-level proficiency in Excel
- The ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for collaborating across functions
- Superior verbal & written communications & presentation skills
- Experience using QuickBooks and/or ERP/accounting systems
- Bachelors Degree in accounting is required.
- Real estate / title/escrow experience a plus
Send your resume & a brief note about why youd be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No formal cover letters, please. We look forward to meeting you!