Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance & more.Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Global Visa Direct Commercialization Team sits at the cross-section of sales & product with a mandate to accelerate growth for Visa Direct across the world. The team is uniquely positioned to develop strategic go-to-market insights & also has the ability to translate those strategies into actionable outcomes for regional sales & product teams.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally & internationally with Visa Direct product teams, various regional sales teams, & functional teams (finance, marketing/comms., & legal) to collectively bring a hyper-growth product to market at scale.
The Strategy & Planning Manager will be responsible for the supporting the overall business strategy & planning process to ensure overall success of Visa Direct commercial growth across the regions. This role will support our efforts around the world, ensure thoughtful communication to Visa executives, & escalate appropriately if things get off track.
This is a cross functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing & corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, & finance to coordinate the build, launch & sell Visa Direct. We are looking for a highly motivated, positive individual with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines to join the team.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ year of industry related experience, including at least 3 years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, or strategy and/or management consulting
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching & commercializing technology products that delight customers
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Outstanding executive communication skills (verbal & visual) with an ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data & trends to business drivers, while thinking big & leading executive messaging. This position is expected to utilize data & metrics to communicate needs with ease
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency & experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated & aligned with functional objectives
- Strong collaboration & influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects & engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Passionate about what you do & fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa & financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, B2C & B2B market experience is a plus, but not required
- Willing to work non-standard hours to accommodate time zones
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.