The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst to join our team. You will focus on all aspects of reporting & technical accounting matters & gain exposure to all departments across the company, helping the Finance team to achieve its monthly, quarterly & annual goals.
You will report to our Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Lead in our New York headquarters.
- Preparation & analysis of monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements for internal reporting purposes
- Preparation of quarterly & annual financial statements in accordance with SEC rules for external reporting purposes (10Qs & 10K)
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility on a quarterly & annual basis
- Assist in research & documentation of conclusions related to technical accounting issues & developments including, but not limited to, ASC 606, ASC 718 & ASC 842
- Continue to develop & maintain reporting processes, procedures & documentation & internal controls over financial reporting
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participation in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc projects as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting functions, including direct experience with external reporting in accordance with the SEC & public accounting firm experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP & SEC best practices
- Experience with NetSuite & Workiva preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.