Introspective, the weekly online magazine of 1stdibs, is looking for a part-time intern to join its editorial department. This is a great opportunity for a current college junior or senior to gain experience working with a small team of editors on a highly regarded digital publication.
Our perfect candidate will be a motivated self-starter with the confidence & editorial skills necessary to work on numerous tasks concurrently & under tight deadlines.She or he should have an interest in cultural journalism as well as interior design, contemporary & antique furniture, architecture, fine art, jewelry & fashion.
This is a paid internship for 24 hours per week, to commence in June.
What youll do
- Fact-checking articles
- Proofreading final edits & layout
- Adding links, tags & alt text to stories
- Liaising with editors, writers & image providers
- Assisting with editing & writing of various types of content
- Helping elsewhere, as needed
What youll bring
- Exceptional organization
- Strong grasp of grammar & the Chicago Manual of Style
- Close attention to detail & keen eye for prose
- Comfortable with multitasking & working on short deadlines
- Experience with copywriting & copyediting
Not a requirement, but a plus!
- An understanding of CMS, especially WordPress, a major plus
- Knowledge of interior design, furniture & art
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.