WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
BARK is looking for an experienced retouching contractor to join the in-house photo team. The Photo Retouching Contractor will be responsible for retouching BARK product and lifestyle imagery for both print & digital needs. The ideal candidate is prompt with communication & is able to work independently & execute projects according to BARKs brand standards.
- Communicate with the Post Production Manager to accept/decline project requests and determine scope of work, retouching needs, etc.
- Proficiently retouch a high volume of imagery in a deadline driven environment. Deliver hi-res working files (TIFFS or PSDS) as well as final assets (in desired file type) Quickly complete revisions based on feedback from the Creative Team.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of professional retouching experience
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop, including layers, masks, paths, color correction, cloning/healing, dodging/burning, actions, & non-destructive workflow. Strong visual sensibility & a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to follow creative direction
- Receptive to feedback
- Portfolio required & must complete a retouching assessment as part of the interview process.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base hourly range for this position is $35/hr - $50/hr
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.