Shutterstock is seeking an accounting professional to take on the role of Credit & Collections Analyst for preparing reconciliation analyses & reports for the organization including daily cash reports, business unit & customer level DSO, delinquency account analyses & other reporting functions. The role will include collaborating with the sales organization in the set up & managing of larger customer agreements. Additional responsibility will be to collaborate with cross functional peers in preparation for customer meetings to settle open receivables ensuring a positive experience & outcome for both the company & customer.
- Take the lead on managing Portfolio accounts including account set-up, monthly reporting, & renewal discussions
- Assist with long-term infrastructure improvement, reporting, & financial analysis initiatives through the implementation of new systems, policies, & processes
- Maintain detailed spreadsheets & schedules
- Be the support member for team in managing accounts receivable for business units/customer base & collaborate with cross functional partners to enhance collections processes with the goal to improve DSO by 20% at year-end 2020
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to negotiate outstanding receivable balances ensuring a positive experience & outcome for the company & customer.
- Prepare Credit & Collections management reports, KPIs & audit schedules.
- Complete monthly close procedures
- Participate in the quarterly & year-end audits ensuring statutory compliance.
- Administer the Sarbanes Oxley key financial controls for the Credit & Collections function.
- Support relationships with external customers, selling function & finance organization.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills with additional emphasis on customer contact, financial statements analysis & crisis management.
- Works collaboratively with internal & external customers to achieve business results.
- Proactive, motivated, results oriented individual capable of partnering with diverse perspectives & backgrounds to negotiate positive outcomes that impact the work of internal, external & cross-functional partners.
- Role model of Shutterstocks high ethical standards & code of conduct.
- Execute ad hoc projects as directed by senior management.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- BS/BA Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge of media industry billing practices preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication & organizational skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Familiarity with SQL or openness to learning SQL.