Create is a venture studio backed by 20 of New York City's most successful founders (GLG, Dia & Co., SLT, Moat, Crunch, The Muse, and more). Create rigorously ideates, tests, refines, and launches new businesses.
We're seeking innovators and builders to join the Create team as Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR). These individuals will lead the development of new business concepts, from ideation to launching a funded company and building a team.
Over a five month period, you will be responsible for researching, proposing, and preparing a game plan for launching a Newco. With our support, you will conduct industry deep dives, early market development, research, and fine tune a particular thesis and business model. Once we collectively agree upon an idea to pursue and a thesis, we will provide seed funding and will support you as you grow your business.
- Conduct rigorous research to uncover pain points or opportunities in a given industry or sector
- Develop, refine and execute various tests to determine the attractiveness of Newco concepts
- Determine a clear business model and lead development of company vision
- Obtain buy-in from Create team and membership regarding thesis
- Construct relevant MVPs to test and address opportunity from multiple angles
- Develop a comprehensive growth strategy for Newco
- Define go-to-market strategy and product roadmap
- Build and continuously iterate on product
- Attract and recruit your founding team
- Support in the ownership of P&L and cash flow, and manage burn
- Develop OKRs and metrics
- Secure initial customers
- Create a sales playbook that a team can replicate
- Secure funding from Create membership
- Proven ability to perform deep diligence and user research on companies and new products
- Past success finding product market fit through user testing
- Past success designing, testing, and building a new product
-Experience running a business or business unit, and managing a sizeable budget
-You've recruited and retained a hard working, dedicated team
- Data-oriented, with an eye for analytics and data-driven decision making
- Maniacal attention to detail with optimal organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize competing priorities