Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director of Acquisition Marketing to join our Marketing team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Simply put, Oscar is a health insurance company. But to be honest, we didnt start Oscar because we love health insurance. Quite the opposite. Were here to make it more human, easier to navigate, & continually challenge the status quo in order to make care more accessible. We need your help if we're going to keep it up.
Since our launch in 2014, Oscar has raised over $1B & built a team of 1,400 employees across the US. In 2020, we have nearly half a million members across 29 cities. Our NPS score is 3x the industry average & our member engagement is 5x that. In short, our members love us & it shows.
Were looking for a sharp, results-driven, growth marketer to lead our acquisition efforts. This person will report directly to the CMO, & will have P&L responsibility for directing our paid media efforts across three product lines (Small Group, Individual & MA). This role is highly collaborative, partnering closely with a growth lead for each product line, our brand/creative studio, as well as our consumer insights team.
We are looking for an analytical leader with experience in offline & online media, & developing & measuring campaigns to support business goals. Youll be responsible for managing agencies & vendors, as well as an internal team focused specifically on digital marketing. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to build out how we approach new channels & media strategies as we continue to grow & expand.
- Manage multi-million dollar media budgets across multiple product lines & markets (B2C & B2B)
- Align media strategy with company & marketing team goals, based on consumer insights, audience segments, & campaign objectives
- Manage in-house digital marketers responsible for online/digital channels, including paid search, paid social, display, & video
- Responsible for reporting & sharing effectiveness of all campaigns with a focus on constant improvement & efficiencies
- Identify unique & new channels to test & optimize for various audiences across the business (i.e. providers)
- Manage media agency to develop media strategies & plans that align with full funnel business objectives; track campaign analysis, optimization & reporting
- Partner with Brand team to ensure coordination of media with creative efforts
- Develop & grow relationships with key media vendors
- Identify opportunities for cross-channel efficiencies
- 10+ years related experience
- Proven ability to think strategically, with a balanced analytical & creative approach
- Ability to develop & advocate for strong integrated campaigns across a range of audiences & markets, & get buy-in across the organization
- Deep knowledge & experience with multiple communication channels
- Experience with media measurement technologies, including marketing mix modeling & media attribution solutions preferred
- Current knowledge of industry trends & innovations in media
- Proven leadership ability & experience managing a team
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams effectively
- Self-driven, confident & analytical
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure & adapt to ever-changing scenarios
- You are an executor, able to take ownership of projects & run independently
- You are a team player, excited about being part of a small team with big ambitions, & ready to roll up your sleeves
- An innovative mentality, creative, strategic thinker & with an interest in health & technology
- Superior communication (oral & written, including editing) & interpersonal skills
- High level of independence, energy & integrity, including demonstrated respect for a diversity of opinions & styles
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.