Who We Are
Summer's mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time & money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise & innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, & engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We're registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A & are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, & QED Investors-and our first partner is Yale University.
As a QA Engineer, you will embody Summer's commitment to quality & direct our efforts to maintain product reliability, with the following responsibilities:
- Understand Summer's product offerings & how they address borrowers' needs
- Work alongside product team to analyze design specs & detect potential issues in early stages of development
- Devise & implement appropriate manual testing strategies
- Develop automated QA test scripts where appropriate
- Identify & log defects through tests & create tickets to ensure timely resolution of identified issues
- Collaborate with product & development teams to ensure stability & durability across all products
We are seeking a teammate with 3+ years of experience working in QA at a software company, including experience in both automated & manual testing practices. We will be evaluating your track record of troubleshooting issues & performing root cause analysis. If you're process-oriented & excited about fintech innovation at a company that's breaking down barriers to higher education, we'd love to chat!
Technologies We Use: Node, Postgres, React, Redux
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, & fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, & flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!