Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
At Oscar, we are working to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative & to build an excellent insurance operation from the ground up. You will have the potential for tremendous growth & leadership opportunities as we scale & expand into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
As an Operations Analyst at Oscar, you will do everything necessary to help us build a solid operational foundation. You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from member service, risk, network, clinical, claims, population health, & technical teams with leadership exposure. You may also work with regulatory authorities & Oscar's vendors.
You will report to the Insurance Operations Manager
- Build an understanding of relevant policies & workflows
- Develop insights into opportunities for workflow improvements
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools & technical processes, in particular database querying & dashboard creation
- Form a working relationship with all partners
- Support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Understand relevant policies, & identify & measure the impact of any changes on our internal operations
- Improve existing workflows & find automation opportunities; manage reporting functions
- Identify trends, whether these are eligibility data error trends or market trends to improve benefits design
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of related work experience in analytics or supply chain
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience using & building Lean processes / Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience in SQL, Python, or similar database languages
- Experience in an operational rotational program
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.