Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Analyst to join our Market Conduct Compliance team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
The Market Conduct Compliance unit ensures that Oscar & its partners are audit-ready, meet their regulatory reporting obligations, & respond to regulatory enforcement actions. Sitting within the Compliance team that supports & oversees Oscars tech platform, called +Oscar (i.e., the entity that provides management services to Oscars own insurance companies, as well as to its clients & strategic partners), Market Conduct Compliance helps all stakeholders stay in their regulators' good graces.
As an Analyst within the Market Conduct Compliance unit, you will operate & manage the systems through which +Oscar & its clients (including Oscars insurance entities) track & fulfill all of their external audit & reporting obligations. In completing this work, you will be exposed to every corner of +Oscars operations as you work with all functional teams to ensure that they understand their obligations to their regulators & that they fulfill those obligations timely, accurately, & completely.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Market Conduct Compliance.
- Maintain, operate, & constantly seek to improve the systems through which +Oscar tracks its (and its clients) audit & reporting obligations, & ensures appropriate assignment of ownership & accountability for successful fulfillment of these obligations.
- Assign inbound requests for audit or reporting deliverables to the correct parties, work with them to ensure timely & accurate completion, & where necessary submit the deliverables to auditors or regulators.
- Build & maintain new trackers as audits are initiated or new reporting obligations identified.
- Promote accountability across all teams by working with content generators & their supervisors to gather attestations as to the completeness & accuracy of regulatory deliverables
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, & staging work to deliver projects on time
- Crystal-clear written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in a healthcare, health insurance, health tech, and/or start-up environment
- CHC, CCEC, or similar
- Familiarity with health insurance regulations, whether in the commercial or Medicare domains
- Operational or internal audit experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.