Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Retail Visual Merchandising to join our Retail team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? Away is seeking a Sr. Manager, Retail Visual Merchandising. The position contributes to Aways success by enhancing the store experience through creating outstanding visual merchandising displays. Our ideal candidate should have strong leadership skills, attention to detail & enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They will be a strong addition to our collaborative team & are passionate about bringing the travel experience to life.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
Please send a cover letter, resume, & samples of your work to the provided email address (resumes & cover letters will only be accepted in PDF format).
What youll do:
- Plan, create & implement overall store visual merchandising strategy to enhance the retail experience & drive store performance
- Develop visual display directives for retail store fleet
- Concept dynamic window displays to highlight new product launches & campaigns
- Closely partner with cross-functional teams such as creative, brand & digital ,merchandising to ensure Aways messaging is consistent across all customer touchpoints & that strategies are channel-specific appropriate
- Partner with store design to evolve fixture programs that maximize product presentation cost-effectively
- Be able to clearly convey your design vision through visual presentations & written communication (creative decks, drawing/sketching moodboards, etc.)
- Participate in projects from initial concept to final execution & documentation
- Work with outside vendors to create mechanicals, prototypes & tests for new experiences
- Grow team knowledge towards best practices & standards in Aways retail environments
- Solve merchandising issues & adjust based on inventory stock outs to create & maintain inspiring presentations
- Lead weekly roundtable conversations with in-store VM leads
- Collaborate with store design team on renovations & new store openings
Who you are:
- 4 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a retail channel
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating graphic design, visual merchandising or interior design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- The ability to think spatially & about how a brand is expressed through the retail experience
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & work ethic
- An ability to multitask projects simultaneously
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire