At Appian, we support our federal customers mission by delivering low-code solutions using our cloud-based platform technology. Appians Customer Success organization works closely with our federal customers, advising & supporting them on how to architect & deliver Appian based-solutions. To support this goal, Appian Customer Success, is looking for an Solution Architect to help us to grow our federal business & work closely with customers to design integrated solutions & make compelling offers.
As a solutions architect, you will be a key technical leader within Appians Customer Success team as well as a trusted technical advisor to Appians clients. In this role, you will define leading, integrated solutions that use Appians platform technology to support our customers unique mission areas. You will maintain an awareness of market forces & trends, lead the design & development of innovations & offerings that address customers demands & continue to position as a leader. You will consult & advise our customers on their programs & projects, driving quality & innovation. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product & business skills to make our customers & partners successful. And have experience working with BPM and/or business systems.
- Advise customers on the technical design, architecture & implementation of Appian solutions on a customers private cloud or on-premise hosting solution, and/or integrating Appian government cloud offerings with the customers infrastructure
- Support the sales cycle through the creation of high-value, differentiated solutions, based on Appians technology, that integrates & defines program & project management disciplines with a compelling technical solution & delivery roadmap
- Present & vet integrated solutions & complex technical concepts & designs to our customers & other audiences
- Support customers on the configuration, testing, deployment & operations of Appian applications, following agile delivery methodologies & Appian best practices
- Work with clients on all aspects of their program to drive technical success & efficiency, including advising of development practice, program management & governance & delivery automation (version control, configuration management, & other DevSecOps & Infrastructure Automation practices)
- Lead the definition & development of Appian Customer Success innovations & offerings in order to support leading Appian delivery capabilities, & bring together emerging requirements & practices from our customers & industry
- Collect & review technical challenges with a team of architects & distill into common best practices & common solutions
- Support the development & review of whitepapers & pre-sales solutioning & proposals
- At least 5 years of experience advising customers on design & implementation of government cloud computing platforms, & at least 10 years of multi-tier application design & architecture
- Experience with architecting secure cloud based hosting solutions for federal customers using Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or Microsoft Azure. Leadership experience designing, architecting or delivering one or more enterprise-level cloud environments (e.g. C2S, JWICS, GovCloud, etc.)
- Experience authoring federal proposals & whitepaper is required
- In depth experience, managing federal programs & projects & leading IT delivery using agile frameworks, tooling & methodologies, including Scrum & SAFe
- Experience acceriting IT solution under the federal governments Risk Management Framework is preferred
- Experience with designing & implementing DevSecOps pipelines & Infrastructure Automation frameworks, using toolsets like Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Cucumber, JMeter, & Fitnesse, preferred
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Guiding client enterprise architecture teams as needed during the design & implementation of scalable solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills & talent for identifying creative solutions
- Ability to identify & lead the creation of market offerings, & lead the formulation of corporate capabilities & intellectual property
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- AWS, Google, or Azure Certifications is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred
- Certified Scrum Master or other agile certifications, required
- US Citizenship required
- Possession of or ability to obtain a US government public trust and/or DoD clearance. TS/SCI with CI Poly strongly preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.