Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an ambitious, bright, entrepreneurial & high-spirited leader who will work on developing a holistic end to end network strategy that will optimally flow millions of meal kits to our customers. Our Logistics team is looking for an experienced professional with strong record of achieving results, who is looking for an exciting opportunity to work within the Transportation Network Planning team to create & execute a best in class network strategy.
The Supply Chain & Transportation Network encompasses all of the operations departments that play a role in ensuring shipments from our fulfillment centers arrive safely to our customers. This role requires innovation, thinking outside the box, & a deep understanding of the network to come up with solutions. It also requires working with multiple business & technical/configuration teams across the company to manage operations projects, drive continuous improvement & enhance carrier performance. Reporting to the VP of Logistics, this candidate must be effective in influencing leadership across customer service operations, operations teams, network planning teams, technology teams, multiple carrier partners & senior leadership. Cross-team coordination, collaboration, project management & executive presentation skills are essential for success in this role.
- Develop & deliver a well-scoped strategic plan with KPIs for the logistics team based on understanding of business goals & expectations from senior leadership
- Be responsible for tactical logistics operations that result in delighting customers with their delivery
- Strategically plan & execute contingency management to mitigate customer risk in delivery exceptions
- Gain rapid exposure to supply chain in our US operations, with a focus on logistics
- Combine in-depth data analysis with hands-on learning to drive improvements across different parts of our supply chain to improve infrastructure & add value to customers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Procurement, Product, Distribution Center Operations, & Customer Care to solve complex business problems
- Create a HelloFresh roadmap for logistics based on qualitative & quantitative carrier analysis
- Brainstorm innovative ways to reduce inbound & outbound shipping costs & improve service
- Manage third party carriers on service expectations & develop innovative solutions to service our product & customers
- Be accountable for working with senior leadership to develop & execute against strategic goals for logistics, focusing on carrier strategy
- Define, analyze & own critical logistics metrics, including cost per box & performance
- Establish quality best practices within our logistics network & minimize customer service issues
- Manage performance & relationships of vendors & carriers including commercials through effective use of vendor scorecards, service development & onboarding
- A critical thinker & logic & reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Lead & own transportation network planning & execution supporting growth & expansion strategy for our fulfillment centers
- Enterprising & innovative, seeking to take risks & start new projects without fear of failure
- An expert in leading cost reduction initiatives & eliminating the root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Hello Freshs transportation network
- Creative & challenge conventional methods of thinking
- Someone who drives for results, pushing projects to completion with a sense of urgency
- Laser focused on activities that have tangible business outcomes
- In influencer with the ability to gain buy-in from all levels - employee through CEO
- Excellent communication, both verbal & written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status & business drivers during daily/weekly & leadership reviews.
- Able to easily leverage data & skilled at pulling ad hoc details & reports to perform in-depth analysis as needed
At a minimum you have..
- BA/BS in Industrial Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management, Logistics, MS/MBA preferred
- 8+ years leadership experience in logistics, quality & vendor management, transportation or middle to last mile delivery
- A strong interest in supply chain management & have the ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience in distribution, transportation or network design with emphasis on designing & executing supply chain process improvements
- Excellent quantitative & analytical skills, including ability to perform data analysis to craft tactical operational recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- The ability to be navigate in a fast-paced, output-driven environment, with professional experience demonstrating a can-do, visionary mindset that chases measurable goals & solves problems
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.