At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
If you are passionate about building large-scale data processing systems & are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable data platform - we would love to talk to you. Data is key to how we make decisions; its the core of our business helping us create an exceptional transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into the effectiveness of our product & features.
More specifically, Lyft is one of a small number of companies whose core business actually moves in real-time. Our Streaming team is responsible for building & supporting the myriad real-time demands of the business. We work with Product to improve our driver & passenger experiences through real-time features. ETA, pricing, dispatch, & more - this work is at the heart of Lyfts business & is a huge focus for the company in 2018 & 2019. If youre interested in being at the center of Lyfts efforts to deliver delightful experiences to our passengers & drivers, this might be the role for you.
- Work side-by-side with other senior engineers & independently drive projects from inception, specification, execution, or to launch
- Design & own the way real-time data is consumed, stored, & shared with the entirety of Lyft
- Build & operate large-scale distributed systems (Kafka, Flink, Zookeeper, etc)
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge, including Open-Source projects
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & evangelizing appropriate tech & engineering best practices
- 5+ years of experience in Streaming & Real-time Applications
- Experience in either streaming platforms (Flink, Spark, or similar) or distributed messaging (Kafka, Kinesis, or similar)
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms, etc)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or another technical field, or equivalent
- Great medical , dental, & vision insurance options.
- In addition to 11 observed holidays , salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off.
- Monthlycommutersubsidytocoveryourtransittowork & 20% of all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.Pursuant tothe San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.