BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE...
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashArray team builds the industrys most innovative, high-performance, & highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business & they love FlashArray for it's simplicity of management, the constant flow of new & exciting upgrades, & ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap & Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT & cloud-native applications.
What You Will Be Doing
- Directly manage a 3-10 people team focused on projects related to Linux kernel development, new FlashArray platforms, NVMe fabrics protocols & features
- Work closely with Program managers, Release managers & other peer teams contributing to cross functional projects
- Drive execution in conjunction with the above teams to ensure that we are achieving product development milestones.
- Work with partners & vendors to integrate third party deliverables into the product
- In coordination with Purity software teams - drive detailed software plans for Purity releases.
- Develop plans for continuous integration, & phased execution.
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- 3 plus years of technical lead or management experience, while staying hands-on in development
- 5 plus years of Linux kernel or protocol development experience in servers, networking or storage, ideally on x86 NUMA systems.
- Experience in technologies & industry standards such as NVMe, NFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, SCSI, or protocols such as SMB,NFS.
- Experience in Agile development & continuous integration in development projects.
- Proficiency in C/C++/Java & scripting languages such as python/shell
- Working knowledge of Linux virtualization tools, or data path technologies such as DPDK
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC, delivering products to market on schedule, & ensuring feedback loops from customers into development
- Strong customer focus
- Data driven, with experience in extracting operational insights from metrics
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Demonstrated strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
What's in it for You
- An opportunity for leading & managing high performance teams.
- A great opportunity to cultivate new technical expertise & acquire new hands-on skills.
- A role in a growing & innovative organization/company
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.