The Senior Manager leads compelling internal communication of people related work, telling the story of how Walmart is creating an enriching experience for thousands of employees across multiple brands within its U.S. eCommerce business.This person will be a key member of our eCommerce People Experience team & embedded within Corporate Communications.
Duties & responsibilities
Tell the awesome story of how Walmart eCommerce is a great place to work & grow
- Serves as internal communications lead in employee experience team that develops campaigns that bring to life Walmart culture
- Develops creative & strategic communications for crucial people focused work, including career development, benefits, high performance mindset, culture & inclusion
- Writes communication guiding employees of acquired companies as they join the Walmart family
- Nurtures key relationships & navigates large scale organization to tailor stories from across Walmart & the Walmart Foundation for the internal eCommerce audience
- Works embedded within Corporate Communications to leverage best practices & Walmart communications expertise
Provides communication support to Walmart leaders
- Provides communications counsel for senior executives & develops communication plans & campaigns to support change management during an exciting, dynamic time for retail
- Serves as employee voice & advocate. Facilitates listening sessions & leader engagement opportunities; drives internal communication as leaders act on employee feedback
- Writes executive communication & produces updates for major events & business meetings
Maximizes impact of internal communication & employee experiences
- Establishes process & best practices to align ways of working across multiple locations
- Leverages Walmarts internal channels, tools & assets to deliver rich storytelling
- Produces key moments of all hands meetings & corporate events
- Thinks boldly & ties people related initiatives to Walmarts exciting eCommerce business strategy & growth
You love complex challenges & creating structure around solving them. Youre a risk takera dreamer that delivers. Youre a forward-thinker that wants to implement your or others big ideas with a positive attitude. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Entrepreneurial mindset & bias for action
- Strategic thinker
- Deep passion for retail & eCommerce; passion for consumer technology preferred
- Customer-centric & passionate believer that employees make the difference
- Highly organized
- Flexible in your approach & positive in your attitude
- Proven ability to effectively build & manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources & deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Ability to model Walmart's core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence, & Acting with Integrity
- Ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision & then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Business or related field & 4 years experience in corporate communications, public relations, or related field OR 5 years experience in corporate communications, public relations or related field.
- 4 years experience working in a corporate retail or Fortune 100 environment
- 2 years supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams
- 4 years experience managing digital communication for a brand or company
- 4 years experience managing multi-brand companies or businesses
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience, in Communications, Business or related field.
- 5 years of experience in corporate communications, digital communication, public relations, or related field.