The Social Media Manager is responsible for Taniums social media strategy, managing the companys online presence & reputation, creating original & curating content, leveraging owned media platforms to accelerate brand relevance, as well as implement programs globally & regionally. The Social Media Manager also plays a key role in representing the Tanium culture & employee advocacy.
This role is fully remote within the United States.
What youll do:
- Drive & own social media strategy, management, & brand voice across Taniums owned social channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, the Tanium blog, & Taniums online editorial magazine The Endpoint
- Partner cross-functionally to create a consistent narrative across all owned channels that includes original & curated content, aligns to marketing campaigns, as well as Taniums key messages, announcements, events, & milestones
- Manage social media localization efforts, enabling regional field marketing teams
- Own social media KPIs & measurement, including (but not limited to) audience growth & engagement, web traffic, conversion, customer engagement, & leads
- Implement social media SEO tactics, aligned with digital team keyword & SEO strategies
- Actively monitor Taniums social community, ecosystem, & other relevant conversations, pulling out trends, & proactively making recommendations in areas where the company should respond to support the companys ongoing engagement, online brand reputation, & authentic online presence
Were looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Communication, English or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in content marketing, editorial, demand generation and/or corporate communications, with a minimum of 2 years managing global social media on behalf of a corporate brand (preferably in enterprise software)
- Experience in enterprise cybersecurity, cloud/SaaS or other IT environments a plus
- Strong written & verbal communication & presentation skills, including demonstrated content development for web & social media (samples upon request)
- Familiarity & expertise with major social media platforms & forums such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, & blogs, as well as an understanding of regional & cultural variations in usage
- Familiarity with social media management tools (examples include: Bambu, Oktopost, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Experience in online reputation management & crisis communications response
- An understanding of the role of social media in demand generation activities, including a working knowledge of social media SEO strategies
- Familiarity with a fast-paced content newsroom environment, including content creation, curation & distribution using owned, earned, & paid channels
- Demonstrates initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics & integrity
- Exceptional writer & communicator
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Highly collaborative
- Creative & innovative
- Process- & metrics-driven
Tanium offers an endpoint management & security platform built for the worlds most demanding IT environments. Many of the worlds largest & most sophisticated organizations including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, & remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for five consecutive years & ranks 4th on FORTUNEs list of the Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in & give back to the causes they care about most.