Daily Harvest seeks a Lead Software Engineer to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a lead member of our software engineering team, youll step into an entry level management position & lead one of our talented development squads to ship the code that powers our entire business -- from robust microservices, to code that interfaces with our shipping providers, to inventory & operations management at scale. Youll be joining a team of talented & highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What youll do:
- Design, estimate & implement new & refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably & at scale. Take ownership for quality of design & implementation of software components.
- Work closely with product & engineering leadership to lead the technical design & ownership of projects with major company impact.
- Work with internal tech teams to identify & build platform elements required to support key product features.
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with product owners, & other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users & drive our business objectives.
- Provide guidance & mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team.
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve the software development lifecycle & processes
- Scale by delegating effectively; ensures tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging.
- Make independent decisions for the team.
- Contribute to the career development of others; meeting regularly with direct reports, providing frequent feedback on their work, help individuals set goals to ensure employee growth & retention goals
Who you are:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience with software development
- 5+ yrs experience with Python
- Experience with RDBMS & NoSQL data stores, caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache) & messaging/queuing protocols/systems such as Kafka/AMQP/RabbitMQ/SQS
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, & their associated technologies
- Experience with Agile software development & JIRA
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.