Opticians strive to always provide our customers with an extraordinary shopping & ownership experience. Your role as an Optician will be to provide each & every shopper with expertise in optics, friendliness & professionalism.
What you'll do:
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking & recording measurements, adjusting & fitting eyewear & execution of all details as needed
- Verify that finished eyewear meets optical standards & customer requirements/requests
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge & accurately describe features & benefits of various lenses & our frames
- Work with other team members to ensure all customers receive exceptional service throughout their shopping & purchasing experience
- Comfortably explain eyewear prescription terminology to customers
- Provide style consulting & help customers choose the best glasses for their personal style, face type, & lifestyle
- Innovate & share best practices for sales & customer service so they can be implemented throughout the organization
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educate & excite others about our mission & values
Who you are:
- Passionate about fashion, eyewear & retail
- Licensed Optician in states requiring a license to dispense or ABO certification in non-licensed states
- Able to project a professional, fashion-forward image
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Great at communicating clearly & effectively- in person, on the phone, & online
- Dedicated to making people happy you exceed customer expectations with a great attitude while being a fantastic & fun team player
- Self-starter with energy to spare
- Excellent detail orientation & time management skills
- Cool under pressure & capable of juggling a diverse set of responsibilities (including completing multiple assignments & handling a ton of customers competing for your attention)
- Have the flexibility to work days, weekends & some evenings for store extended hours and/or events
- This is a full-time, hourlyposition. You must be available to work week days, including full availability on twoweekend days.
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in house, were able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lensesa fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, weve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. & Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, & launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the worlds most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social & environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally & distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (Were big believers that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull day, & no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, & more. It also doesnt hurt that the team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Team performance-based incentive program
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Paid Time Off policy including six paid holidays
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, & workday celebrations
- And more (just ask!)