Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on millennial minded women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our missionfrom the very beginningis to be a catalyst for women to see, feel, & claim their power, by providing diverse & ambitious storytelling as well as radically relevant points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
We create all written content for the website, from long-form articles & programs to service & slideshows. We're composed of six categories Health + Wellness, Living, Entertainment, News, Work & Money, Fashion, & Beauty & we help shape & guide how Refinery29 & its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, & discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the job:
Do you obsessively follow every feature update on Instagram? Do your friends come to you for the best iPhone hacks or best new tech products to buy? Are you the friend who downloads the next hottest app before everyone else? Do you know the latest drama on Youtube & Snapchat? Are you deeply interested in the issues female tech workers face, both in Silicon Valley & beyond? If you love talking about gadgets, technology, platforms, & women in tech & understand the importance of women being consumers & creators in this space this is your dream job.
What you'll do:
- Writing 2-3 stories per day on the latest gadgets, tech news & trends. How are young women really interacting with technology in their daily lives? What are their concerns about the various platforms theyre using? What are the latest products they want to hear about?
- Following tech industry news & trends, especially as they apply to millennial women, & pitch to the news cycle as needed
- Working with SEO team to optimize content
- Problem solve in a fast-paced media environment
- Have & build networks to report on the latest product releases & secure review units
- Work closely with Work & Money director & senior editor to grow the section
- Write second-day opinion pieces on trending tech news
What you have:
- An obsession with talking about the latest tech products, gossip, & news
- 2+ years in a relevant position or field
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgment & discretion
- Organized & ability to work on daily deadlines
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for the role.