Appian is seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will deliver people & organizational solutions as a member of a newly formed HRBP function. This role offers the unique opportunity to help drive the impact of the HRBP function in a growing organization.
The Senior HRBP will serve as a proactive consultant & adviser to business unit leaders in the effective management of their workforce through performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning & more. They will implement people & organizational solutions across the client group they support. They will measure/monitor the needs of employees & the leaders they support through effectively building & developing relationships across all levels of the organization. The HRBP will utilize diagnostics to address & understand organizational dynamics to align with the business environment, implement & refine long & short term continuous improvement initiatives while managing the day-to-day tactical issues & requirements. The successful HRBP will effectively interact with business leaders at all levels, possess excellent communication skills, strong business acumen & works effectively across multiple geographies.
Appian provides a software development platform that combines intelligent automation & enterprise low-code development to rapidly deliver powerful business applications. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk & compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational & people-related strategy & execution.
- Provide expertise & coaching in areas such as career planning, performance management, coaching, employee relations, learning & development, recognition, & strategic development.
- Function as a consultant & counselor to key leaders & their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into People plans.
- Develop & drive strategies to develop, engage & retain strong & diverse talent.
- Use & request data strategically. Identify & surface trends in both qualitative & quantitative data to help improve organizational health, understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions & to monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Identify & deploy impactful people strategies & policies that enable the organization to perform effectively & scale efficiently as it grows
- Lead the facilitation & management of all People programs within the department (performance reviews, employee surveys, development programs, etc.)
- Partner with global HRBP organization to ensure effective communications & delivery of HR programs globally.
- Partner with other People Team groups as a cross-functional team across Recruiting, L&D, Compensation, Legal, Employee Relations, Benefits on communications, projects & best practices. Collaborate with these teams to ensure high-quality implementation of critical operating rhythms such as performance management & compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate.
- Review & analyze data to identify trends & recommend solutions to improve the overall health of the organization & provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, & job re-leveling/re-alignment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resource management and/or business partner functions with particular experience in employee relations & leadership coaching. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, & federal & state respective employment laws.
- Excellent business acumen
- An ability desire to drive deep on client issues provide thought leadership & drive impact/business outcomes
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.