Senior Prototype Engineer
As Senior Interaction Engineer you love to prototype new ideas, especially those that touch a number of topics. From Computer Vision to AI, UX to Animation, anything goes. You are motivated & able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
For this role, you will be working on a small team & will develop tools & examples to improve workflows for content creation on our platform. With a focus on user & developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create exciting & new experiences on our platform.
You must have excellent engineering skills & have shipped world-class technologies or products on mobile, desktop or virtual. You should have experience working with games software or similar real time systems. You are prepared to tackle projects with only high level direction in a fast-paced environment.
You are passionate about Mixed Realitys role in the future of computing & are ready & eager for the challenges involved in creating world-class experiences & tools that fulfill the potential of Magic Leaps groundbreaking technology.
- Design, implement, optimize & debug software tools & systems
- Work within a small agile team to deliver high-quality Mixed Reality Tools & Content Examples
- R&D with latest tools & technologies
- Troubleshoot & resolve software defects & other technical issues
- Mentor junior engineers & provide constructive feedback
- Strong focus on proofing & prototyping Product team directives.
- 6+ years of professional experience building interactive experiences in gaming or real-time 3D technologies
- Deep understanding of Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Deep understanding of established programming design patterns
- Self motivated problem solver
- Experience working with Virtual & Augmented Reality technologies
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with JS/WebGL/WebXR.
- Computer Vision experience
- Strong C/C++ experience for our Lumin Platform.
- Masters in the CS field, or equivalent experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.