This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants demands shape our development path, & we never stop until the job is done. Were creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We dont do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. Not possible is not in our vocabulary freedom is. This is who we are: honest, direct & always bringing an element of fun into our work. If youre ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Knowing Your Customer is no longer just a process that happens up front, with new merchants, but rather a continuous process for all live merchants. In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to & whether this is in line with rules, regulations & risk appetite. And all this in a scalable way.
Within the Merchant Monitoring team we are looking for somebody who can stand up to this exciting opportunity in a growing & dynamic business. You are somebody who takes ownership over this responsibility, tries to identify businesses in our portfolio that might pose an increased money laundering, terrorism financing or other compliance related risk to Adyen using our in-house built & maintained tooling, & then collaborates with the merchants and/or account manager to mitigate these risks accordingly. Your drive is to build a sustainable business through sustainable relationships with our merchants. You are somebody that can take full control over their own workflows, always looking to make the right ethical choice. You are looking to innovate, & be critical to find new & better insights into our portfolio.
What youll do
- Taking ownership over our operational merchant risk management (with a focus on the compliancy related risks)
- Making the right choices for both Adyen & our merchants
- Ad-hoc analysis of & investigations into merchants compliance risk profile
- Collaborating non-compliancy situations with account managers & merchants
- Identifying & improving gaps in our monitoring & operational risk-control efforts
Who you are
- Fluentin Portuguese & English, Spanish is appreciated;
- 0 to 5 years of relevant experience in AML, transaction monitoring and/or transaction filtering
- Challenging the status quo & other peoples views
- Strong analytical skills & curiosity to understand things
- High working pace
- Natural sense of urgency, there is no tomorrow
- Pre: Experience with payments & the financial industry
- Pre: Experience with regulatory and/or card scheme compliance
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the worlds leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, & consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, & in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos & L'Oreal.