Industry Manager, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Groups Leadership team is seeking experienced Industry Managers to help build & manage a team of vertical industry professionals to lead the Walmart Media Groups monetization strategy for our largest CPG Personal Care & Home, Beauty, Tech/Telco, Pharma, & CPG Food & Beverages marketers/suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for their clients & their teams. The would have managed/scaled businesses in these verticals & have the capability to manage & motivate a small but high-performing team. Ideal candidates will have a consistent management experience as well as extensive experience selling or buying cross-network online marketing solutions such as direct response, search, branding, integrated sponsorships, & display advertising. Additionally, the candidate will have experience working within a matrix organization as well as experience in leading, coaching & influencing people. Candidates must have strong consultative sales skills with C-suite leaders, a collaborative & innovative spirit & be extremely comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Be responsible for driving the future strategic direction of the business
- Play a critical role in building, inspiring, training & managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales & services team
- Be seen as an industry leader in NYC, Chicago and/or San Francisco
- Understand our client's businesses & develop appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new & existing customers, be a point of escalation for any potential issues
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research & strategy development
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs in the region
- Evangelize WMG with agencies, clients & at targeted events, conferences & media opportunities & champion Facebook product releases internally & externally
- Strong ability to forecast & efficiently allocate resources to drive profitable business results
- Deliver the highest level of customer service & present WMGs solutions in a compelling, positive & professional way
- 12+ years hands on experience of building & capability to manage high performing teams.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities & established partnerships
- Strong understanding of the advertising technology & data/performance measurement trends
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, & data in to client value
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands & agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes & systems
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to build, train, coach & develop a high performing team including providing coaching & mentoring to other team leads
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team to surpass its targets & significantly grow the scale of the business partnerships under their control
- Ability to move fast, be bold, & thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence & communicate cross-functionally with a strong focus on collaboration