Are you looking for a new Software Engineering career opportunity that allows you to:
- Solve hard problems & be a major contributor
- Create new functionality instead of maintaining the past
- Work with a modern SOA infrastructure
- Work with the latest frameworks & technologies in the cloud
- Build systems that serve millions of requests a day with billions of data points
- Be at the forefront of our machine learning initiatives
Smartling will give you these opportunities & much more. You will be joining an existing team building & maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application, which allows our clients & professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites & documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology & Fortune 500 worlds.
Our Engineering team approach
- Agile / Scrum.
- SOA - Service Oriented Architecture & APIs.
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily.
- Full test automation - we have no QA team.
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture.
- TDD - Test Driven Development.
- Data Driven Impact Oriented Prioritization.
Tasks at hand
- Architect, design, & implement solutions for integrating 3rd party services into the Smartling platform.
- Conduct architecture & code reviews.
- Design & implement testing strategies to maximize product quality.
- Fluent in Java - 3+ years experience required.
- Know your way around a relational database.
- Familiar with asynchronous patterns & messaging technologies.
- Familiar with Design Patterns & making scalable stable systems.
- Understanding of distributed computing principles & algorithms.
Nice to have
- Experience with Frontend technologies: NodeJS, React, Angular.
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash.
- Curious. The desire to learn new systems, technologies, & frameworks.
- Creative/Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness & the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous/Self-started. Work well & achieves results with little or no supervision.
- Team Player. Willing to do PRs, give advice, & contribute to the team.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus & positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- With a can-do attitude. Able to roll up your sleeves & drive projects to their completion.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture.
- Take a break when you need it Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.