Peloton is seeking a Senior Database Reliability Engineer to help build & improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, & helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system & work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore & application performance challenges.
- Work on database reliability, automation & performance as we grow our platform.
- Provide insight & analysis into the behavior of databases & caching infrastructure.
- Manage & evolve observability tools & documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with queries, schema design, application architecture, & traffic pattern planning.
- Provide architectural assistance with scaling & improving our ORM.
- Build & contribute to tooling where the developer experience touches databases.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Participate in a database-oriented on-call rotation, & act as an escalation point for engineers when production issues related to databases occur.
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments (MySQL,Oracle,PostgreSQL).
- Strong design skills in database schema & systems architecture.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python,Ruby,Java etc
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance & how to guide engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, ansible, or terraform.
- Experience managing & scaling caching layers such as Memcached.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.