Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Designer in the New York market, youll help bring ideas to life for clients large & small. Leveraging your design expertise, youll design static & dynamic spec art to help clients imagine what their campaign will look like amongst our wide range of transit, street, & digital OOH assets. Youll also work with internal & external stakeholders to design assets for production, as well as aid in the creation of marketing materials.
What you will accomplish:
- Assist in the sales process by creating spec art/mock-ups designed to conceptualize potential media executions for clients
- Create decks & other marketing materials (i.e. proposals, presentations, sell sheets & event invites)
- Create stand-out concepts & executions for our clients, inclusive of both static & digital advertising. This will include campaign ideation & development, building artwork from templates, production of original designs, etc.
- Maintenance of brand & graphic identity across all materials & executions - be a brand ambassador!
- Retouching & editing photography to be used in marketing materials, with advanced skills in photography manipulation (i.e. the ability to realistically add new elements into the photo)
In your first 90 Days, you will:
- Understand the role that design plays in the sales process, & feel comfortable working with all of our assets (in New York, & across the country).
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Sales colleagues to identify & create stand-out pieces of spec to aid in the sell-through process.
- Feel confident when creating mechanical art for New York clients, with an understanding of templates & production process.
- Work collaboratively with designers in other Intersection offices, leading the design work on national RFPs across markets.
In your first year, you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of how our assets can answer a client's brief, elevate a brand & stop consumers in their tracks.
- Establish yourself as a highly valued member of the Marketing & Sales teams, developing new skills to continuously improve the design work coming out of the New York office.
- Build relationships with our corporate creative team & assist with national projects on an as-needed basis.
You are awesome in the role because:
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Youre a passionate & talented designer with a commanding sense of layout, typography, color, & composition
- Youre highly skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & InDesign; proficiency with Google Drive, including Slides & Docs
- You have a proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal & external stakeholders (clients/vendors)
- You feel comfortable working autonomously to meet tight deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present ideas both verbally & visually, as well as an understanding of visual storytelling
- You have excellent digital asset management & organizational skills
- You are a highly-organized collaborator who works well under pressure
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing & prioritizing multiple projects
- You can take direction while offering strong initiative & a curious mindset