Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) & strive to create an inclusive & equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other.
In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing & improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives to join us on this journey.
Were seeking a Cafe Attendant to join our Caf Team. The Attendant will report directly to the Caf Manager.
What Youll Do:
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. They are also responsible for educating customers about our premium food & beverage offerings. The Attendant fulfills any other duties the Caf Manager assigns, & represents a professional manner.
Ensures that all customers are educated on our products & services.
Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards, elevated service.
Follows all Company beverage recipes & procedures.
Passes monthly re-certifications in a timely manner.
Develops an understanding of coffee & tea regions & the various differences in flavor and blends.
Curates weekly beverage specials & collaborates with onsite team to thoughtfully pair specials with programming.
Proficiently prepares espresso & tea beverages.
Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service & develops a rapport with
customers by learning their names, favorite drinks & food items.
Verbally receives & calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
Full knowledge of coffee & food menu required.
Accurately rings sales orders into Point of Sale system & completes each transaction efficently.
Answers customer questions regarding coffee beverage preparation, & menu item preparation and ingredients.
Weighs, grinds & packs coffee per customers orders according to Company guidelines.
Sells & serves baked goods & miscellaneous food items to customers.
Displays & restocks all food items for customers to purchase.
Maintains efficient, friendly service.
Restocks paper goods & other miscellaneous service items as needed.
Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows & grinders, & takes out trash, etc.
Delivers food orders to coinciding table & customer, while maintaining steps of service standards.
Works closely with Culinary team to ensure food orders are being delivered in a timely manner.
Completes side work as assigned & as necessary.
Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
Responsible for bussing, maintaining & cleaning common areas & shared meeting rooms within Cafe area.
Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
What We Look For:
- Maintains positive company morale & professional attitude
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Well-organized & detail-oriented
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day & night lighting & be able to focus on distant and close-range projects
- Regularly required to handle food & hot beverages
- Strong Coffee Knowledge ability to train & develop peers
Job Type: Full Time/Hourly
Pay Rate: $21 per hour
Who We Are:
Convene is the leading provider of premium meeting & workday experiences with a global network of venues & flexible office locations. Combining design, technology, & hospitality to elevate todays modern work experience, Convene creates the spaces & experiences that help teams succeed. With Studio, an all-in-one solution for digitally-enabled events, & 23 locations across the U.S. & London including meeting spaces & flexible workplaces, Convene creates your best day at work, wherever it happens. The company has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family starting day one
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- Two business closures per year to allow all employees to unplug & recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork)