FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
The sportsbook analyst will be responsible for providing a data driven approach to key long-term investment decisions as well as providing insight to sustain & accelerate the growth of the business. The role will leverage internal data sources, market data & industry knowledge & expertise to support strategic decision making.
Pre-requisites for the role include a technical/analytical skill set, a strong business acumen & a curious mind-set capable of thinking outside the box & questioning the status quo. The role requires a high degree of flexibility & the ability to proactively provide insight & recommendations throughout the organization.
In depth analysis
- Understand the business drivers, spot new growth opportunities & make recommendations to drive the business to a higher level of profitability.
- Work on new investment ideas, building a business case to support the decision. Assess costs & forecast the revenue streams.
Marketing spend analys
- Understand the impact of retention & acquisition marketing on the business. Calculate the Return of Investment, provide actionable insights & work with the commercial & marketing team to set the right strategy.
- Use a scalable approach when facing problems & build tools to automate & improve manual processes.
Who were looking for
- Experience in working with large complex datasets to derive insight and
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel & Power Point.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Comfortable using graphs & other illustrative tools to present large volume of data.
- Pro-active problem solver attitude with flexibility to work across different units.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude.
- Understanding of the online business, e-commerce.
- Inclined to learn data analysis tools & languages such as Knime, R, SAS etc.
- Professional interest in sports & wagering.
- College Degree in an analytical discipline (i.e. Engineering, Statistical Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Studies, Economics, Computer Science, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years analytics/data engineering experience, working in an analytically focused role.
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team!
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare & value creation share plan
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.