Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers & partners realize the benefits of DigitalOceans cloud infrastructure
We are looking for a Partnerships Manager who builds, facilitates & drives new partner acquisition in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region to support our global revenue goals. The Partnerships Manager is an individual contributor role reporting to the Go-to-Market Lead for Partnerships based in the US. As a seed hire for the region, you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the EMEA market.
The candidate should be a seasoned Channel & Alliances professional with direct experience working in the Cloud industry, specifically IaaS, PaaS or SaaS. Key responsibilities will include identifying appropriate partners to target, driving the necessary business & technical relationships & establishing new business in those accounts.
If you are a high performing business development individual looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Handle inbound inquiries into DO, qualify them as potential partner development targets, & prioritize against current initiatives
- Prospect organizations who fit DOs partner profile, identify decision makers, build a partner pipeline & generate strong interest for DOs infrastructure
- Structure, negotiate & close strategic partnerships agreements
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to explore, plan, & execute partnerships
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners & continue to build new programs
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Building & running prospecting activities (calls, emails) to targeted leads. These leads should be both self-sourced & from other marketing sources
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand your network & open up new business opportunities
- Providing rapid response to inbound inquiries from all sources
- Documenting & tracking within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a partner development/sales environment
- Strong network/relationships & ability to build strategic relationships
- Intimate knowledge of the EMEA market in a partner development focused role
- Ability to converse in any of the following languages will be a plus: Spanish, French or German
- Awareness of emerging trends in the local market for cloud services & ability to create & capitalize on opportunities
- Ability to work independently to identify, evaluate, generate new business opportunities, & drive them to closure
- Detail-oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand & articulate solution value propositions
- High-level technical aptitude to understand our products & how they fit together
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear & concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize & put to use new information
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- Be curious & ask questions
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health & a monthly internet bill reimbursement & remote workstation program to make working from home as easy & comfortable as possible.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto & Bangalore, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!