Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Distributed Systems Architecture & Engineering (DSAE) team collaborates with product development teams, & other teams within Operations & Infrastructure organization on engineering, building & maintaining the most innovative, reliable, secure & cost-effective distributed solutions to meet VISA customers' growing needs.
You will be part of a team of system engineers/architects who focused on Kubernetes, microservices architecture, & cloud technologies. As part of this self-driven team, you will have total ownership of the solutions we provide for our customers making availability, performance, security, & reliability critical to our success. We need to do this all at global scale, as well, so continual, iterative improvements in our process, technology, tools, & automation will be essential to allowing us to meet those goals as well as focus on the things that add value for our players.
The ideal candidate is technology savvy with deep knowledge of Kubernetes, Microservices, Golang, Python, Ansible & CI/CD process. Able to work on opensource projects, able to contribute & commit the code to upstream opensource projects. Candidate should have familiarity with Opensource projects such as Service Mesh (Istio/Linkerd), Prometheus/Grafana, Open Tracing, & Service graphs. This person will be working majority of the time coding in Golang, Python, & Ansible on automating infrastructure tasks.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 2 years of experience as DevOps engineer working on automating infrastructure tasks.
- 2 years of experience managing production Kubernetes infrastructure with Calico CNI, & CSI drivers
- Extensive experience automating system tasks & infrastructure using a scripting language (Golang, & Python must have), with configuration management tools (Ansible), service registry & discovery tools (Consul & Vault, etcd), infrastructure orchestration tools (Ansible, & Terraform), & automated imaging tools (Packer)
- Experience in automating at least one public cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience using & optimizing monitoring & trending systems (Sysdig, Prometheus, Grafana), log aggregation systems (ELK, Splunk, Fluentd), & their agents.
- Basic experience in Service Mesh (Istio or Linkerd)
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, GitLab, Drone) including deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as Flux or Keel.
- Experience with developing microservice-based HTTP applications & servers
- Able to understand the security tools & best practices: CIS Benchmarking, OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Experience performing full stack load testing in order to identify & address hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks
- Networking experience both within Linux & with Cisco or Juniper network routers & switches
- Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Communicate well with others both verbally & in writing & be able to effectively interact with peers, management & other outside contacts
- The ability to gather & understand business requirements, translate them into technical/operational requirements
- High degree of initiative & sense of urgency, comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
- Self-confident, commands technical authority & respect at all levels
- Desire to be part of an incredible team. That means being someone the team can count on, who communicates honestly & respects others & their views, who adapts quickly to changing priorities, drives positive change, & is committed to giving 100%
- Design & implement agile innovative infrastructure solutions/infrastructure management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization & commoditization
- Design, implement & integrate management solutions to effective manage private cloud implementation(Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes) at Visa's data centers across the globe, ensure reliability, elasticity & security
- Identify, evaluate, select & engineer highly reliable container scheduling & orchestration solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply & effectively, ensure on time, on budget, & quality delivery of shared container platform
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish & mature standards & integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management & orchestration. Identify & implement standard toolsets to reduce complexity & support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure management solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges & process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud & container management platform standards & capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering & Operations teams, ensure platform relevance & drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.