At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Quality Lead Associate coordinates activities of & provides coaching & guidance to workers in the quality team. The Lead Associate works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead Associate receives direction from Quality Supervisor & carries out instructions based on given directive. The Lead is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. how to check the kitbox to ensure that correct ingredients are included).
- Respectfully support & follow direction from all managers & supervisors about line product integrity.
- Keep track of product inspection data
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh & do not break any company policies.
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies & procedures
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Performs duties of workers supervised, as needed
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Maintains the work area & equipment in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Completes tasks as directed with minimum supervision.
- Occasionally required to inspect ingredients using tools such as food scales, measuring spoons & cups, etc., as needed
- Update quality numbers in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Leadership & fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven
- Time Management: maintaining momentum & keeping employees on task to meet goals & deadlines
- Basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office & Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas & thoughts clearly & with tact & diplomacy.
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work & resolving problems. The Quality Leads performance is evaluated by their leadership of the quality employees, productivity & prioritization of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, & ability to guide employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Quality Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write & speak English.
- Must be willing & able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count & have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division & fractions).
- Must be able to have basic computer skills (data entry, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
$0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
Emergency child & adult care services
Snacks & monthly catered lunches
Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be currentlyauthorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.