We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We are hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Project Manager. This person is a hard-working individual who will embody our values while ensuring the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties are met. This person will work closely with the local management team & association members.
What youll do
- Strong knowledge of community infrastructure including water, sewer, electrical & drainage. Coordinate repairs & maintenance to infrastructure through third party contractors including quality control
- Assist property manager in monitoring all contracts such as landscaping & building services,. Conduct routine building inspections to establish daily work schedules for zone teams
- Handle owners' inquires relative to all matters pertaining to the association
- Meet with zone leaders at end of week to create schedule for following week
- Work closely with SCRA team where collaboration between Recreational Association & West Property results in mutual benefit.
- Make sure area / property is cleaned & prep for the weekend when projects are underway.
- End of each month review all action forms & leak reports to confirm if work was completed accordingly
- Create report on how many action forms / leak reports were issued for that month & how many were actually completed
- Property inspections / inspect a percentage of the west each month & create a spread sheet for staff to work from
- Maintain maintenance yard
- Receive update from Zone leader on that days schedule
- Inspect any work completed by staff from returned action forms
- Inspect any major projects before they are started & after they are completed
- Update information board in conference room as needed
Skills youll need
- Reliable, consistent transportation
- Driving inclement weather conditions as required
- Daytime (11 am - 4 pm) & weekend availability (preferably Saturday & Sunday)
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive & reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior maintenance experience preferred
- Experience with Homeowners Associations, including experience working with owners of vacation rental properties
- Ability to stand, sit, & walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead & below the waist
- Push, pull, & lift less than or equal to 20 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, & twist
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures
- Comfortable working with iPhones, computers & the internet/email
- Communicator: Proactively communicate with your maintenance team & local/central teams via email, phone, & in person to ensure that they are in the loop with all aspects of the job.
- Problem Solver: We always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails & we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action & work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Can Do/Will Do Attitude: When guests are on vacation, we are our busiest. A willingness to help when needed is essential. This will include weekends & holidays.
- Natural Born Leader: You will have a team of maintenance staff. Your ability to lead the team in a collective & positive way is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer. If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube & figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day to day & minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities & kick into action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- Change Agent: We firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner & guest experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
Compensation & Status
What youll get
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurances, based on hours worked
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee discounts
- All of the equipment youll need to be successful
- Smart Phone
- Great colleagues & culture